Workbook’s Creative Carnival party took place Thursday night, and the event was an outrageous, smashing success. With the outstanding mid-town Art Directors Club as the venue, The more than fifty photographers and illustrators took center stage to create their impressions of the Carnival scene. Twenty-five Workbook illustrators sketched what they saw, and at least as many Workbook photographers shot the scene: a contortionist, freak show, lion tamer, and burlesque performers. How about drag queens serving incredible libations and hors de oeuvres? Creative Carnival was not your average cocktail party by any means. Workbook kicked off Halloween weekend with a unique vibe that created a night no attendee will forget anytime soon. Nothing was too strange, too abstract or too risque, and an anything-goes mood defined the evening. Perhaps the most spectacular piece of art on display at the event was created by legendary 3D chalk artist, Tracy Lee Stum. A life-size lion rose seamlessly from the floor to the ceiling, and attendees were eager to assume a role and be photographed taming the king of the jungle with a whip included to complete the look of Indiana Jones. – - more here
Please Login withUse your favoriteNetwork with Us
Mardi Gras: Venice, Italy 2011
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- The 20 Most Valuable Brands In The WorldIn spite of struggling stock prices and loud public uncertainty over Tim Cook's innovative capabilities, Apple is once again the most valuable brand in the world, for the year 2013. Every year, BrandZ and Millward Brown Optimor calculate and rank brands based on their global value. And even though Apple's growth rate decreased by 95%, the tech gian […]
- 7 Tornado Apps For Your Smartphone That Will Alert And Protect YouAs many as 26 tornadoes ripped through Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois and Iowa today, with Oklahoma City hardest hit. This was the second time this month a tornado hit Oklahoma City and the National Weather Service warns that millions are still at immediate risk for severe weather, from Texas to the Great Lakes. It is tracking storms moving eastward as far as th […]
- The Rise And Fall Of JP Morgan's Jamie Dimon, America's Most Powerful BankerJP Morgan is sometimes called 'The House of Dimon' for the all encompassing presence of its CEO, Jamie Dimon. For years he has been unquestionably the most powerful banker in the United States, and as such, the de facto voice of Wall Street. But over the last year that has slowly changed. His friends in Washington are deserting him, and tomorrow, J […]
- The 20 Most Valuable Brands In The World
TagsAcademy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business Christianity Christmas drawing Earth Facebook Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Health Holiday Hollywood illustration Japan Jesus Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles movies Music New York New York City painting Paris People photography Recreation Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Shopping Twitter United States Visual Arts
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow blog-me-at
Most recommended posts
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~~Albert Einstein « Michael Wilson's Blog on Einstein said ….
- What Is Veterans Day? | Chameleon Accessories Boutique on To ALL our SHEROES & HEROES, we Honor You
- Swagmania | fernexpression blog forum on Azealia Banks Boycotting Dolce & Gabbana over Mammy Line
- Folsom Street Fair History on 50 shades of fetish at today’s Folsom St. Fair in San Francisco’s SOM area S I Z Z L E S !
- LAND OF FUN on Antоnio Macedo artist painter from Portugal
- Antоnio Macedo artist painter from Portugal | fernexpression blog forum on Treasures of Persepolis, Iran
- History Channel – Engineering an Empire – The Persians « I Love History…and Research on Treasures of Persepolis, Iran
- artMag on All About (guess Who?)
Follow Me On The Web!