Please Login withUse your favoriteNetwork with Us
Mardi Gras: Venice, Italy 2011
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- The 20 Most Valuable Brands In The WorldIn spite of struggling stock prices and loud public uncertainty over Tim Cook's innovative capabilities, Apple is once again the most valuable brand in the world, for the year 2013. Every year, BrandZ and Millward Brown Optimor calculate and rank brands based on their global value. And even though Apple's growth rate decreased by 95%, the tech gian […]
- 7 Tornado Apps For Your Smartphone That Will Alert And Protect YouAs many as 26 tornadoes ripped through Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois and Iowa today, with Oklahoma City hardest hit. This was the second time this month a tornado hit Oklahoma City and the National Weather Service warns that millions are still at immediate risk for severe weather, from Texas to the Great Lakes. It is tracking storms moving eastward as far as th […]
- The Rise And Fall Of JP Morgan's Jamie Dimon, America's Most Powerful BankerJP Morgan is sometimes called 'The House of Dimon' for the all encompassing presence of its CEO, Jamie Dimon. For years he has been unquestionably the most powerful banker in the United States, and as such, the de facto voice of Wall Street. But over the last year that has slowly changed. His friends in Washington are deserting him, and tomorrow, J […]
- The 20 Most Valuable Brands In The World
TagsAcademy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business Christianity Christmas drawing Earth Facebook Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Health Holiday Hollywood illustration Japan Jesus Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles movies Music New York New York City painting Paris People photography Recreation Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Shopping Twitter United States Visual Arts
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow blog-me-at
Most recommended posts
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~~Albert Einstein « Michael Wilson's Blog on Einstein said ….
- What Is Veterans Day? | Chameleon Accessories Boutique on To ALL our SHEROES & HEROES, we Honor You
- Swagmania | fernexpression blog forum on Azealia Banks Boycotting Dolce & Gabbana over Mammy Line
- Folsom Street Fair History on 50 shades of fetish at today’s Folsom St. Fair in San Francisco’s SOM area S I Z Z L E S !
- LAND OF FUN on Antоnio Macedo artist painter from Portugal
- Antоnio Macedo artist painter from Portugal | fernexpression blog forum on Treasures of Persepolis, Iran
- History Channel – Engineering an Empire – The Persians « I Love History…and Research on Treasures of Persepolis, Iran
- artMag on All About (guess Who?)
Follow Me On The Web!
Tag Archives: New York
Scenes From the Advanced Style Book Launch
©ourtesy of PAPERMAG
This is some ‘Scary’ shit here. Ladies & Gents, just when is it time to halt with the Debuts and Special Appearances for the sake of being seen or noticed. According to this Book Signing, NEVER !!! Hate to say it but some of these Women looked like they were dragged outa’ bed reluctantly and forced to get dolled up for the evening by their Caregivers. I think I’ll PASS.
The Story: NOWNESS and Ari Seth Cohen hosted a little shindig at the New Museum last night in celebration of Cohen’s new Advanced Style book, featuring photos… Read More >>
©ourtesy of gaycityusa.com Global LGBT Parades 2012
Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
We came out, we saw ourselves in media, and we conquered hearts and minds in the last year. From major wins to small victories, here is the first of four parts of 181 reasons to feel proud of not being straight and narrow. ©ourtesy of the Advocate Contributors
- Queen Latifah Will Headline Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival (laist.com)
- Japan gay pride parade sees thousands march (vancouversun.com)
- Latino GLBT History Project Honors Chávez; Announces DC Latino Pride Schedule (bilerico.com)
©ourtesy of bitchesintheburbs.com
!….Oh shit, so that’s what happened to “Peg Bundy“, she moved to Long Guyland and continues to shop at COSTCO. Far out man. Who knew?
Related articles (..the article below ain’t got nothin’ to do with anything, so why does the killers always become famous and the “Victims” are forgotten? We have a weird Society.)
- Serial killer Ted Bundy’s DNA used in cold cases (cbsnews.com)
©ourtesy of itsnewstoyou
It’s the final countdown at the Museum of the City of New York’s tribute to Cecil Beaton’s New York Years – an installation of scrapbooks, books, drawings, stage costumes, set designs, and photographs by one of the 20th century’s leading chroniclers of celebrity, night life, and royalty. The array of fashion, society, stage and screen icons is astonishing – from deWolfe and Elsa Maxwell through Monroe, Garbo, both Hepburns, and right up to Jagger…all shot in New York, many for… – - Read more
- Queen Elizabeth II By Cecil Beaton (retrorambling.wordpress.com)
©ourtesy of augustation.com
ARANTZAZU MARTINEZ attended the Fine Arts University of the Basque Country and graduated in 2000. Unable to find any classical art training, she moved to New York. There she enrolled in the New York Academy of Figurative Art(NYAA) MFA program and graduated in 2002. It was during this same year that she met her mentor, Jacob Collins, the founder of the Water Street Atelier, the Hudson River Fellowship and The Grand Central Academy. To develop her training still further she studied under him at the Water Street Atelier from 2002 to 2005, where she completed her training following the nineteenth century academic method. – - read more
©ourtesy of Don’t Blink, You Will Miss It!
Color On The Walls With A Hip Hop Theme With The Bright Colors The Execution Is Excellent Urban In Flavor Captured On Location Photographer Mark Fisher Is Well Accomplished In Beauty, Fashion, and Music Photography With A Worldwide Following. This Is A Web Release And It Is Not For Commercial Usage Without Permission Mark Fisher’s Work In Beauty, Fashion, Music, Press Images Have Appeared On The Web Since 1992 His Photography Work Started In 1966 … – - Read more
- Futuristic Fashion Photography by Tejal Patni (morfis.wordpress.com)
- Fashion Photography and the Presentation of Poverty (phreshly-squeezed.net)
©ourtesy of The Eye of Faith
Peruvian artist Joaquin Alberto Vargas y Chávez, who back then went by the moniker Varga, was the illustrator for a 1945 calendar issued by Esquire Magazine. We just love the way the women are drawn, and the classic pin-up style always draws us in. Enjoy this trip down memory lane. Thanks to Pulp International for the images. What did you make of 1945?? The Eye. – - Read more:
Marco Brambilla (b. 1960) is an Italian-born Canadian video artist who works in the United States. He first worked in commercials and feature films, directing the successful 1993 science fiction film ‘Demolition Man.’ In 1998 he shifted focus to video and photography projects, and has since exhibited works in private and public collections including, ‘Cyclorama’ at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, ‘HalfLife’ at the Santa Monica Museum of Art in 2011. His commissions include ‘Superstar’ for the ’59th Minute’ series in Times Square in 1999, and ‘Arcadia’ for ‘Massless Medium: Explorations in Sensory Immersion’ at Brooklyn Bridge Anchorage in 2001, both for New York public arts organization Creative Time. His installation, ‘Cathedral’ was showcased during the Toronto International Film Festival 2008, and his 3D work ‘Evolution’ was selected for the 2011 Venice Film Festival and the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. A second 3D work ‘Civilization’ is a permanent installation at the Standard Hotel in New York. ‘Transit,’ a collection of photographs Brambilla took in and around national and international airports, was published in 2000. – - ©ourtesy of The Daily Omnivore
- Best of Satellite Voices: Munich (dazeddigital.com)
- Ferrari 458 Spider and Marco Brambilla at Art Basel Miami Beach (forbes.com)
- Power: a Kanye West video by director Marco Brambilla (lostateminor.com)